Monday, April 11, 2011

Gifts for MAs

I love making things.  A little over a year ago, I purchased a sewing machine and I had great aspirations to make lots of things with it.  However, I get busy and that is one thing that gets pushed aside.  This weekend, I had some free time and was able to sew. 

I'm making little drawstring bags for each of my MAs (Missionary Advisors) for my Uganda trip.  MAs are what make the team work well.  They are over a small group of same gender missionaries and their job is to encourage, challenge and hold their groups accountable on the mission field.  I was able to serve three times as a MA and one time my Team Leader gave us little gifts of inexpensive, practical items that were a major blessing while overseas.  Since I've been a Team Leader, I've done something small for each of my MAs to make sure they know how much they are appreciated.  This year, they are getting these bags filled with small goodies to make the trip easier. 



I'm so pleased at how they turned out!  I only have one completely finished, but the rest will be done in no time...I do still have 85 days until I leave, so I think I'm ok!

2 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome idea!! And they turned out great! And I totally know what you mean about having all these sewing ideas and just never getting around to them. My saying recently has been So many ideas, so little time and money. :) Applies to sewing, and all the great storage/decorating ideas I keep seeing around the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete