Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Change of Plans...

So I have been planning to go to Uganda on a mission trip since October when I was placed there as a Team Leader.  I've wanted to go to Uganda for about 7 years now and have had a few opportunities that just haven't worked out.  I have had such a great time preparing and praying for Uganda over the past months.  Then Friday happened.  On Friday the people of Uganda rioted by burning tires and trees in the streets among other things.  The police and military came in for crowd control and using tear gas and guns and some people were killed.  Therefore, it was deemed unsafe to take a team of 25-30 high school students.  I'm disappointed that I won't be going to Uganda, but also thankful to be a part of a ministry that is always looking out for the safety of the missionaries!

So where will I be going?  Monday I was told there were no longer any Team Leader spots open and I would be going to the Philippines as a Country Assistant.  (Country Assistant in the Philippines does all the cooking and is basically an assistant to the leaders--doing whatever needs done!)  That was a major curve ball since I've been preparing to lead a team to Africa since October!  All that changed yesterday!  I got the call and I'm now leading the same students that were going to Uganda, to SOUTH AFRICA!  I'm pretty excited about it.  I went to South Africa in 2007, so it will be good to go back.  I have never gone on a trip to the same location, but I'm excited about going back and I am bringing the experience from my last trip--and all my warm clothes as it will be winter in South Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment