Friday, May 20, 2011

Introducing...Rajeswari and Sumayiya

Last winter I felt the urge to sponsor a child.  It kept coming up and I kept putting it off.  I was at Acquire the Fire in Muncie and I just knew that I needed to do it!  I went to the Compassion booth and that's where I found Rajeswari.
She is a twelve year old girl in India - and she lives really close to where I went on my mission trip in 2005.  I have loved getting mail from her and it is such an honor to pray for her.  I got an updated picture of her last week...and I'm so excited to see how she is changing:)

The promting for sponsoring a child came back this winter.  I wasn't sure if it was God leading me to sponsoring another child or if it was just a thought running through my mind.  Compassion had a booth at ATF again, but I decided I couldn't afford another sponsored child.  I couldn't get it out of my mind that I should sponsor another child.  I found myself browsing the Compassion website looking at children, but for some reason, I never took the step of sponsoring one of them. 

Then in March I was at the Revolve Tour and there was a presentation by World Vision about sponsoring a child and I knew that I had to do it.  I went to the table and that's when I found Sumayiya! 

She is a beautiful 9 year old girl in Uganda!  She has unsatisfactory health and I'm pretty sure she's an orphan since she lives with her grandmother and sister.  I can't wait to start writing to her and to get my first letter from her.  I know that God wanted me to sponsor Sumayiya and that's why I put it off:)  I had talked wtih World Vision and there was a chance I could meet her while in Uganda, but since my trip is cancelled, that won't be happening now!

Someday I would love to meet both Rajeswari and Sumayiya...

No comments:

Post a Comment